Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jacob

Yesterday, my "baby" turned 11. People say that time goes fast, but for me, that's one of those things I have to experience for myself to fully understand it. It's hard to believe I have been a parent for 11 years now.
Jacob is such a great kid. He is definitely a great example to me of unconditional love. It doesn't seem to matter what goes on during his day, even if he's been in trouble, he always finds moments to express his love to me. I truly love that about him.
He is also a big help. He helps me so much with his siblings. He'll play with them and take care of them and includes them in a lot of the stuff he does.
He tries new things. He's usually the first to try a new food or activity. He may not like it, but at least he gave it a try. Give him some time and he'll try again just to see if he likes it now.
He is very social. The boy loves to talk. He's not shy and wants to spend time talking to his friends. He'll also strike up a conversation with people he doesn't know. That was a bit of a problem when he was younger and he'd tell people all about him and his family-at age 4.
Jacob is a wonderful son and big brother. Our family is very blessed to have him. My first born.
I love you, Jacob!

4 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! I remember when you were trying to name him...my how time has flown!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!! The sweet kid always stops by my car while we wait for Lynn to say Hi to me and Ash and Peyton.. we all think he's pretty cute!

BookwormMom said...

It's amazing how quickly time flies, isn't it. I was thinking the other day, it won't be long before we'll be preparing them for their missions!

Rachael said...

Is this The Julie I think it is??? Welcome to the world of Blogging, it's a blast.